DiscoverU is partnering with Challenge Seattle to make the week bigger and better than ever. Challenge Seattle is a private sector initiative led by CEOs from 17 regional companies and organizations and former Governor Christine Gregoire. The group was formed to ensure that our region thrives as one of the most innovative, vibrant and globally competitive regions in the world. One of Challenge Seattle’s primary goals is to provide children in our region the opportunity through education to compete for the jobs of the future right here in Washington State.
To help accomplish this goal, Challenge Seattle will elevate career exploration by providing middle school and high school students up-close exposure to some of our region’s largest employers. During DiscoverU, Challenge Seattle companies will send CEOs and employees to schools for career presentations, host worksite tours and let young people growing up in our region know that they want to hire them.
Partnership Goals Year One
(2016-17 school year)
- 40 worksite tours and career presentations
- Reach 2,500+ middle school and high school students
- Strong systems set up to expand worksite tours and career presentations throughout the year
Partnership Goals in 5 Years
- Every student in the Road Map Project region has the opportunity to visit a Challenge Seattle company or organization, or participate in a classroom presentation with employees
- Middle school and high school students learn that companies in Washington offer exciting careers and want to hire Washington students
- Middle school and high school students better understand the education and skills needed to achieve their goals