Some of the region’s leading executives, such as Satya Nadella from Microsoft and Sue Desmond-Hellmann from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, discussed their personal pathways to their careers and even offered advice to current students on how to land their dream job or career. This video was made possible by Challenge Seattle in partnership with the Road Map Project, special thanks to Zillow Group for making this video production possible!
Looking for a short 20-minute DiscoverU activity that aligns to Tuesday’s theme of Pathway Conversations? Consider showing the video to your middle or high school students and using it as a launching pad for discussion about their career interests and skill building. Below are some questions that you might use with your class:
- What careers interest you?
- What are you passionate about? How might your passion relate to potential job opportunities?
- What are some of the jobs or careers you heard listed in the video by CEOs?
- What’s a skill you think you’re really good at and could bring to a career? What is a skill you want to improve that might help you in your future career?
- There will be 740,000 job openings in Washington in the next 5 years, what do you think you can do to prepare yourself to be competitive in the job market?